Being an Entrepreneur is more of an ascetic intervention and not a materialistic one. It has more to do with the way of life and not with the quantity of life.
Let me explain.
Being an entrepreneur, doesn’t mean you would someday have a luxurious palace or a 300-foot yacht. It means people will remember your work even after you are gone. That is the only achievement of an entrepreneur.
Now that we have established the output of an entrepreneurial life, let us look into what would help in achieving the final ‘nirvana’.
Simple Rules of Engagement:
- Always keep your glass empty – Be ready to learn irrespective of who or what the teacher is. No knowledge gained is ever wasted.
- Be vigilant – Always stay alert on what is happening in your world. Be ready to capitalize on opportunities. And most importantly, be ready to retrospect after every episode. If you can trace why it happened, you would always be able to make sure you do not repeat the same mistakes again.
- Know the value of your possessions – You will not always have the same things. You should cherish what you have and make sure you capitalize on them always.
- Always keep others above yourself – Always sense what people working with you need. What they like. What they aspire and help them achieve. A happy team is a productive team. Its them who will carry the torch forward.
- Always respect what others have to offer – The only thing that is never useless in the world is ‘a contribution’. May that be resources, ideas, thoughts or anything else. The perspective of every contributor may be different, and may not match what you think, but the motive behind it is important. These contributions will later convert into vested equities of a larger legacy.
- All-in! – “How do I know what my passion is?”. “Think about the thing that you can do 24 x 7 x 365, without stopping, without complaining, without any expectations and still be happy and satisfied. That is your passion.”. Once you decide what you want to do, it’s simply a matter of All-in! Never look back and keep moving forward
- Give Back – Whatever you have earned or achieved is rightly deserved by you and you should try to express your gratitude by giving it back to the world. Be philanthropic by nature. Have the tendency to share what you have.